Hull Artists Scholarship Fund is expanding its mission to support a new generation of artists.
All but a few of Hull Artists members come from the South Shore, but about 60% of our members live in Hull. Many of those who have grown up here, attended local schools. So it is with a sense of local pride that, for the last decade, we have offered the $500 Dianna M. Chouinard Art Scholarship. Open to Hull High School Seniors. the scholarship is named for Ms. Chouinard who one of the founders of The Hull Artists in 1996.
Commencing in 2016, we are offering a second scholarship. Thanks to Hammond Residential Real Estate for generously offering to match funds allocated by Hull Artists to create one scholarship of $1000.
Additionally, to honor a beloved member, Efrain “Frank V” Viscarolasaga, who passed away in 2015, a one-time $250 scholarship will memorialize him. Frank taught Visual Arts in Scituate, and retired in 1998. This 2016 scholarship is opened to seniors from Hull and Scituate High Schools.
Eligibility Criteria — To qualify, applicants must be accepted by a school of fine arts or an accredited institution of higher learning with plans to study a fine arts curriculum. Qualified members’ children are eligible to apply. Student applicants should demonstrate artistic promise and talent, be highly motivated, and possess serious intent to pursue a profession or focus on Fine Arts.
Application Process — The application process consists of submission of the following:
- Two letters of recommendation
- A student portfolio of 8 pieces of art submitted as original samples (to be returned) or jpegs
- A personal interview with our committee. Interviews will be scheduled after May 1.
- A completed application available from , 23 Vautrinot, Hull, MA 02045.
- Scholarship awardees will be invited to present their work at the annual Summer Open Studios Art Tours.
Deadline & Contact Details —
- Complete applications must be received by May 1, 2016.
- Any questions can be forwarded to Elizabeth Trubia, 781-925-3637.