Join Hull Artists
Here are some benefits your membership offers:
- Have an artist statement and images of your art on our website HullArtists.com. Click here to read “How to Submit a Bio”
- Have you art and activities promoted on social media via HA’s Facebook group.
- Have an opportunity to become an exhibiting member of Gallery Nantasket, our own artists’ retail gallery. Click here for the Annual/Seasonal Artist Requirement pdf
- Sell your art during the annual Open Studios Tours, two times per year. This event brings visitors from surrounding communities to your home studio, or you may sign up to share another member’s studio or a group venue.
- Participate in two Chamber of Commerce sponsored events in September and November that bring in hundreds of local townspeople.
- Exhibit and sell your art at several other venues in Hull and surrounding towns.
- Participate in our annual En Plein Air fundraising event in June at Jo’s Nautical Bar; a fun event where lots of local patrons come to see and bid on our artwork. Click here for the 2019 Exhibits list
All current members (2019) are eligible for inclusion in the Artists’ Gallery. HA members who are already listed in the Artists’ Gallery may choose to keep the current statement and photos, or update them.
To get listed, or update your current listing, please follow these instructions:
Write a biographical artist’s statement (about 1 page or less) in whatever style you choose. You may look at those currently on the site for ideas and inspiration. The bio/statement can include further links to the artist’s personal website or elsewhere. Connie Crosby has volunteered to help anyone with writing or editing. Please contact her at email@example.com.
Provide a “head shot” (or other realistic personal photo of you) cropped in a square (Instagram style works). If you can’t crop, please provide a photo with sufficient space around the subject, you, so it can be cropped.
Provide 5-8 photos of your art that you would like showcased on the website.
- The photos should be in jpg or jpeg file format (almost universally used in software programs and cameras). Many cameras are capable of taking quality photos.
- The file name should include your last name followed by the art work’s title: Blumberg_SwansByTheRiver.jpg This name may be usedon the website. If you are not able to rename a file, or it’s too long, provide a text listing of your submitted pieces/images.
- If you are able to crop the photo to show only the art (not any distracting background), that would be helpful. You need not worry about resizing for the web or cropping to a particular “aspect ratio” (widthrelative to length).
- Bart, or another HA photographer, will (without charge) professionally edit, crop, resize and reformat, as necessary, to produce an image,as fine as possible, for the website.
If, for whatever reason, you are not able to produce quality photos of your art work, you may contact Bart Blumberg (781-789-3208) who will arrange with you to take photos of your art. He will edit the photos for the HA website and provide you with digital copies. The charge for this service is $25 for a half-hour session. (Photographing and editing for other purposes, such as online show entry sites, prints, etc. can be discussed separately.)
There is no deadline per se, but uploading to the HA website will be on a “first come, first served” basis. Depending on the response, we hope to get everyone who is interested listed in the next couple of months. We hope you will take advantage of this excellent opportunity to be included, and help Hull Artists help you be more successful!
Hull Artists welcomes Patron Members. A majority of the organization’s members are active artists. However, we do have several members who are not artists, but who contribute to the group in lots of ways.
- Explore Hull Artists — Perhaps the best first step is to check out the organization. You can do this either by speaking with some of our members, attending a monthly meeting and/or visiting an exhibit or event.
- Contribute — Identify ways that you can contribute to the organization. This can happen in any number of ways. You can either get involved in existing events or come up with an event or project idea yourself.
We look forward to getting to know you and having you get involved in Hull Artists.